A formal wedding typically calls for an elegant wedding dress–at least for the ceremony. You may be asking yourself what designer gowns are perfect for a French wedding ceremony, but first, you must consider the month/season of your wedding, as well as the style of the venue.
While a chiffon wedding dress may be the perfect choice for a summer wedding, it probably wouldn’t work for one in December. Velvet, brocade, or silk may be a better choice.
Do you want a fuller gown or a flowy ethereal dress? You may want to consider a dress with a long train, intricate lace detailing, or ornate embellishments to match the grandeur of the chateau or a chic dress for a boutique hotel wedding. Or perhaps you’d prefer a long dress for the ceremony and a mini-dress or jumpsuit for your reception. Well, these designers have you covered!
- Elie Saab – Known for her elegant and intricate lace detailing, embroidery, and appliques, Saab’s dresses are perfect for a grand wedding day or evening. Her Spring 2023 line includes a one-shoulder ball gown that is incredibly chic!
- The second classic: Vera Wang. Her designs often have a timeless, romantic look with flowing fabrics and traditional, classic details. This season her ballgowns play center stage.
- Monique Lhuillier’s dresses are known for their classic silhouettes and luxurious fabrics, making them a great choice for a formal chapel or chateau wedding.
- Carolina Herrera’s dresses are known for their clean lines and elegant simplicity and are haute couture. You can’t buy them off the rack. She also designed an incredible spring line of gowns and dresses this year with a spring garden theme. You’ll want them all!
- Intricately detailed with lace, embroidery, and beading, Marchesa’s dresses have a fairytale-like quality that would be fitting for an outdoor wedding. Very feminine and slightly youthful.
- This spring Reem Acra’s dresses feature lacy romantic gowns, some with plunging scoop necklines, which can add a touch of luxury and romance to your wedding. They’re dreamy!
- Oscar de la Renta’s dresses are known for their classic silhouettes and feminine details. Many celebrity brides have chosen this design house, usually made-to-order. However, they have a spectacular collection this spring that is breathtaking!
- This season, Zuhair Murad’s dresses have a fairytale bejeweled quality with both flowing and structured fabrics and intricate lace details, making them a great fit for an evening wedding at the Ritz Carlton Paris or a chateau event at Domaine et Château de Valinches.
- Jenny Packham – Jenny Packham’s dresses are known for their vintage-inspired designs with delicate beading and sequins to sleek satin trumpet gowns, which can add a touch of glamour to an evening wedding or be worn as a second dress choice for your reception.
- Berta’s dresses are often form-fitting with exquisite sheer fabrics, intricate detailing, and deep-plunging v-necks which can create a sexy, dramatic, and unforgettable look for your event.
There are so many choices for a perfect designer gown for a French wedding it can be difficult to choose only one dress, so why not buy two?
And while you’re at it, be sure to order your vow books from Wedding Story Writer! We have six French-themed cover designs in our Signature Collection that will amplify your wedding style, but we are also available to design a one-of-a-kind vow book for you and your partner.